Sunday, November 4, 2012

Blessing Our Children's Children

He stilled the storm to a whisper;
    the waves of the sea were hushed.


Psalm 107:29

New International Version (NIV)

        The recent storm Sandy has been a trying and difficult ordeal for many.  Three of my daughters who live in New Jersey with their husbands and my two granddaughters fortunately escaped harm.  They're all still young and I suppose this will be another adventure for them to remember in future years.  But you can believe than I was praying for them.  God is good.

        In a few passages of the Bible there is mention that the faithfulness and righteousness of earlier generations will bestow protection and blessings upon the generations that follow.  I think my family has experienced that blessing.  My father was very close to the Lord and I know he prayed for his children often.  There have been many members on both sides of my family who were very Godly Christians and I think that I and my offspring are all reaping the benefits of that faithfulness.

        My life has weathered many storms of physical and a spiritual natures.  I have always managed to come through them safely--sometimes seemingly miraculously.   I give thanks to God first and foremost, but I'm glad that someone in my past was blessing the future.  May those blessings continue.


Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

John 14:27

New International Version (NIV)


Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing quite like a father interceding for his children. Blessings on your head, Lee.

    ReplyDelete

Please offer your thoughts.