Sunday, March 16, 2014

Who Deserves God's Help?

Lost in the desert
Lost in the desert (Photo credit: Derek Keats)


God makes a home for the lonely;
He leads out the prisoners into prosperity,
Only the rebellious dwell in a parched land.

Psalm 68:6

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

        The message of the Gospel is submission to God.   We often do what we want to do without considering whether our choices are in God's perfect will.  The truth is we don't always have the absolute answers even if our confidence in ourselves is complete.   When people suffer it's often the result of making bad--even terrible--decisions.

         If I rebel against God there will be consequences that come about in accordance to the decisions I have made.  My suffering will be my fault.  I might be tempted to plead to God, "Why did You let this happen?"   The real question should be, "Why didn't I listen?  Why did I allow myself to go down the path to ruinous outcome?"

         It's not wise to try to rewrite the Bible to make it conform to what we want.  Nor should we follow those who have decided to create their own systems of belief that are in rebellion to the long established standards of God's Word.   We need to study and learn as much as we can.  But we also need to trust and obey.

         God's way should be our way.  It's the way that works.


 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Matthew 11:28-29

New King James Version (NKJV)

Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. The truth you share this morning, Arlee, is one that is hard for many of us to hear. We don't like to take the blame for anything, and God becomes of scapegoat. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it when people blame God for our suffering. Why didn't he prevent this, they cry. He gave us freedom and it's how we misuse it that gets us into trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Arlee, and the truth is none of us deserves God's help, but it is available to all of us if we will simply seek Him and submit. God bless, Maria

    ReplyDelete

Please offer your thoughts.