Sunday, June 3, 2012

When My Spirit Becomes Dispirited

Stained glass at St John the Baptist's Anglica... (Photo credit: Wikipedia)



I will love You, O Lord, my strength.

Psalm 18:1

New King James Version (NKJV)

           I need that strength!  I need a love that will encompass the world and reflect all the good that You are. Sometimes I feel so discouraged about this sad, decrepit and seemingly hopeless world.  The beauty of creation lifts me up, but then I hear the next bit of bad news that brings me back to dirty streets and despairing humans who seem to have no direction.


          Oh, Lord!  Please fill me with that strength.  My well seems to be running dry.  My mind and body are on the brink of vitiation.   My spirit is threatened with atrophy.  Lift me up, Lord, and overflow my cup with Living Water to sate my seemingly unquenchable thirst.  


            You have shown me the greatest love and I am in your hands.            


See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him.

1 John 3:1

English Standard Version (ESV)




Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for those thoughts and encouraging words. I, too, can become so disheartened with what's going on around us. I will myself to focus on God and His promises, and the blessings around me. Sometimes I listen to inspirational music, journal/talk to God or read a Psalm. Some days are tough, though. Everywhere we turn, there is sad or bad news. I must keep my eyes on Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been sinking in the quagmire of apathy slowly but steadily. The Lord keeps throwing out the rope of hope and all I have to do is grab it, but I just keep, moaning and complaining instead. What a fool.

    ReplyDelete

Please offer your thoughts.