Sunday, August 12, 2012

Hey God--It's Me Again

English: God called to Adam and said, Where ar...English: God called to Adam and said, Where are you? as in Genesis 3:9: "And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?"; illustration from the 1728 Figures de la Bible; illustrated by Gerard Hoet (1648–1733) and others, and published by P. de Hondt in The Hague; image courtesy Bizzell Bible Collection, University of Oklahoma Libraries (Photo credit: Wikipedia)


Answer me when I call, O God of my righteousness!
You have relieved me in my distress;
Be gracious to me and hear my prayer.


Psalm 4:1

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

      Yes, Lord, it's me again.  Making the same mistakes and some new ones.  When will I learn?   Will I ever learn?   Old habits can be hard to break.  Old weaknesses can be hard to conquer on my own.  I need You, Lord, to get me out of the rut that I find myself in so often.

        You've always been there to pull me up when I fall down.  I've got to stop this silly stumbling before I fall to my death.   When I fall, I should be falling prostrate in humility and worship.   You are God.  I am not.

 If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth.  But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.  If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.

1 John 1:6-10

New International Version (NIV)





Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Lee, your posts on this blog are always so genuine and transparent. Hope you're back home off the road and, if not, I wish you safe journeys, friend.

    ReplyDelete

Please offer your thoughts.