Sunday, June 22, 2014

Where Can I Find God?

Gods Own County
Gods Own County (Photo credit: tricky (rick harrison))


My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
    When can I go and meet with God?

Psalm 42:2

New International Version (NIV)
           I'm not quite ready to leave this life.  Not that I'm so in love with the things of this world that I'd never want to leave, but I see life as a wonderful gift that God has blessed me with and I'd like to make the most of it.   Special times with family and friends are something I treasure.  Watching my children and grandchildren grow and flourish is a great reward to me.

          I know that God is here with me, but I want that absolute presence.  Heaven waits, but how long must I wait?   It would be comforting and joyous to walk with Jesus, to talk to him, and to sit at his feet listening to his teachings.

         But God has not abandoned us.  We have prayers and meditation that can bring us closer to him.  God speaks to us through His Word in the Holy Bible.  Comfort comes through the Holy Spirit.   God's presence is all around us in nature and the vast universe.

           Wait patiently.  God is here and our time in eternity is coming if we are receptive to God in our life.


Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.

Revelation 3:20

English Standard Version (ESV)


5 comments:

  1. Do you think you could stand over my shoulder at work, at the point everyday when 15 people have problems in a five-minute span, and repeat that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Arlee! God is all around us. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. Thanks for the reminder to enjoy the blessings we have in this life while we wait to spend eternity worshipping at His feet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great reminder, Arlee. It took awhile for me to calm my thoughts and let God's voice in. Now that I understand I need to still myself to hear Him, I'm a much happier person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for being here for this post.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete

Please offer your thoughts.