Thursday, April 4, 2013

Decision

English: Decisions, decisions
English: Decisions, decisions (Photo credit: Wikipedia)


Decision

     We all have to make choices in our lives.  The wrong decisions can reap some very unpleasant consequences.   Making the right decision can bring great rewards.  Many decisions are minor, while others are major decisions that can impact us and those around us for years.

     Decisions of life and death, destitution or prosperity, happiness or sadness--there are many decisions that will affect the way your life goes.   Then there is one decision that will affect what happens after your life is finished.  Have you thought about that one most important decision?

     God will not make that ultimate decision for you.  It's your choice.  He will help guide you if you ask Him.  Study and prayer can help you decide.   Will you choose Jesus before it's too late?   I hope you are using good judgement to make your decisions in life.
     

With all your heart
you must trust the Lord
    and not your own judgment.
Always let him lead you,
    and he will clear the road
    for you to follow.


Proverbs 3:5-6

Contemporary English Version (CEV)




 If you would like to know more about a true life change in a positive direction, then please read Take the Next Step



Enhanced by Zemanta

11 comments:

  1. Amen. Although I am guilty of not letting God help me with my decisions. I still think that I can do things on my own. How wrong I am! But I am learning, slowly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some decisions are so tough. I've always been a waffler, taking a long time to make a decision, weighing both sides over and over again before I finally make up my mind. I'm here from the A to Z...enjoy the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My decisions are usually made by instinct.....though not always right.One right decision I made was signing up to the A to Z in 2010.But on the other hand I've made many not so good decisions.
    Good topic.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with your method of making decisions. I always try to let the Lord lead me, but sometimes I'm a bit bullheaded. Aren't we all? Great post! You can find me at http://foreveryoung279.blogspot.com. I found out about the challenge too late to be a REAL participant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mother of the two year old I babysit often says to him when he has chosen a good behavior, "Good choices, Micah. Good choices!"
    With God leading, we can hear those words whispered from our Heavenly Father's ear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that passage from Proverbs. I know I need to trust God more. Great post!
    A2Z Mommy And What’s In between

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any time I get to hear someone speak the Word I like to listen.

    So it not an exaggeration to say I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Shall it be Emmanuel? I hope so. :)

    Dana
    Waiter, drink please!


    ReplyDelete
  8. I thank you all for your continued support and prayers. Let's find the lost sheep and lead them home.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  9. i always find one of my toughest decisions which story idea to go with next... because if u pick the wrong one, and don't realize it until you're up to page 200, ur in deep trouble! (ive been there)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lee,
    Look what a light you have become. I'm out visiting as many blogs as I can today I think I've hit about 50ish at this point and tried to leave comments on most of them. I love A-Z month thanks for the decision that you made to create the A-Z. I have to say I have been blessed and encouraged by it, and have grown from being part of it last year. This year I am trying to visit as many of the nearly 2000 blogs as possible.

    Blessings,
    Margot at A Devotional Mosaic and Spark My Creativity

    ReplyDelete

Please offer your thoughts.