|The Lord's Prayer (1886-1896) from the series The Life of Christ, Brooklyn Museum (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
Prayer is our direct line of communication to God. If you need help, answers, or comfort, you can talk to God in prayer and let him know what's on your mind or what it is that you need. You should approach God with humility and use the prayer model that suits you best.
There are different prayer models that you can use, but Jesus said it best in what we know as "The Lord's Prayer" ( Matthew 6:9–13). Prayer can be broken down into the following components:
- Praise--We should begin by acknowledging God's power and sovereignty. He is Lord and in His power he is capable being able to grant that for which we pray.
- Expressing gratitude for his love and all that he provides us.
- Asking Him to provide what we need now for ourselves and others.
- Confessing our sinfulness with contrition.
- Entreating God for his mercy upon us.
Praying in this way will help bring us peace of mind and blessings in our lives. Prayer should never become just empty ritual or half-hearted obligation. This should be the quality time when you let God know how you feel and what your needs are. God will be listening.
Prayer should equal peace. Your peace of mind. Your peace of body. Your peace with the world around you. But most of all your peace with God
If you would like to know more about a true life change in a positive direction, then please read Take the Next Step.